Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What are the prerequisites to apply for the course?

A. Applicants need to have a strong background in the horse industry. This can mean coming from a farm background, breeding operation, showing, rodeo, racing, dressage, driving, etc. Students must have the knowledge to be safe while working around the horses. Students must be self-starters and have a love for the healing profession. It is also necessary for students to be comfortable working with different age groups in class. We have students ranging in age from 16 – 60 years young. We look for maturity, self discipline and students that are serious about their goals, commitments and will work hard in our program. Our seating is limited and applications numbers are high, so we try to ensure that our students are committed and ready to attend the whole program. As this college blends the scientific with the holistic, we do not require that applicants have their sciences or other specific high school/college/university classes or credits.

Private Career Training Instititions AgencyQ. Is the Vernon location a registered College?

A. Yes. We are a registered institution governed by Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB).

Q. Are tuition payments eligible for income tax consideration?

A. Yes. The College is registered with Human Resources for income tax purposes.

Q. Can students qualify for a Canada Student Loan?

A. As we have not gone through the process of accreditation, we do not qualify for the standard student loan. Other financing options are sometimes available through lending institutions.

Q. When are tuition payments due?

A. This is specific to each location.  Please contact Natural Touch Therapy Institute at [email protected] for their tuition payment schedule.

The payment schedule below is for the BCCET program in Vernon, BC:

Year One: A Registration Fee of $250, an Administration fee of $250 and first tuition payment of $600 is due when a student is accepted and the Student Contract is signed. The second tuition payment of $2600 is due the May 1 before your first class. The third tuition payment of $2650 is due September 1 before your first class.  (Total tuition for first year is $5850.) Textbook fee of $835 plus a $10 archival fee is due first day of class.

Year Two: An Administration fee of $250, an archival fee of $10 plus first tuition payment of $1000 is due beginning of June prior to your Year two class starting in Sept.  Your second tuition payment of $1500 is due Sept 1 prior to your first year two class begins.  (Total year two tuition is $2500).  There are no extra textbooks required for Year two.

Q. Does the College in Vernon, BC have boarding or living facilities?

A. We do not have any living accommodations for students or boarding facilities for horses. You are not required to bring your horse to class. We do, however, have space for horses if a student wishes to bring a horse(s) for a class weekend. This space is available on a first come, first served basis with prior arrangements made ahead of time. Several motels in the area give our students special rates and the area also has a number of Bed and Breakfast facilities.

Q. Do I have to move close to my campus location to attend College?

A. Not usually. If it is within reason, we encourage students to live in the area they are planning to build their practice so their business can build while attending class. Students usually drive, bus or fly, whichever is convenient.

Q. What kinds of jobs are available after I graduate?

A. There are certainly numbers of jobs in the horse industry such as: training barns, breeding farms, boarding facilities, etc. The reality of this is that most jobs in the horse industry pay minimum wage. Our graduates are encouraged to start their own businesses as this is where the greatest rewards lie. Graduates who are self-starters and disciplined in their businesses earn a very good living.

Q. Is Equine Therapy a recognized profession?

A. No, at present animal therapy is a leading edge industry and is not yet recognized by any province or state. It is good to research regulations applicable in your area.

Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home/equinetherapy/public_html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4217